PRINTER FRIENDLY: Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Although not necessary, I’ll usually bake the graham cracker crust for about 8 minutes to let the sugars caramelize a little bit before adding the cream cheese mixture to it. Add another layer of crunch and depth of flavor.
Prep 30 minutes
Ready In 3 hours
Yield 9 Bars
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line an 8 X 8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Combine the crust ingredients in a bowl and mix until a thick dough forms. Spread evenly over the bottom of the 8 X 8 pan.
3. In another bowl combine the softened (room temperature) cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beat each until combined.
4. Take 1-1/2 cups of this mixture and pour on top of the graham cracker crust. Spread evenly.
5. Add the canned pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice to the remaining cream cheese mixture and mix until well combined. Carefully pour this on top of the cream cheese layer already in the pan, without disturbing the previous layer.
6. Combine all the ingredients for the streusel topping into a bowl and with your fingers combine until you have a loose crumble. Spread evenly over the cheesecake in the pan.
7. Bake at 350ºF for 50-55 minutes or until the center sets. Cool at room temperature for an hour and then refrigerate. Serve with whipped cream topping.